Thank you so much to the very kind Sweeter than Nothing and Tales from the Mind of Kristian for nominating me for The Liebster Award. It’s so lovely to think that my work is being appreciated by other bloggers! Please do check out their lovely work!
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or “gadget” (note: the best way to do this is to save the image to your computer, and then upload it to your blog post).
- Answer eleven questions about yourself (from the person who nominated you).
- Nominate five to eleven bloggers that you feel deserve the award, and who have fewer than 1000 followers.
- Write a new list of questions for your nominees to answer.
- Inform the people/blogs that you have nominated them for the Liebster award and provide them with a link to your post.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an opportunity for bloggers to recognise and support other bloggers for their achievements. It’s available between January 1 and December 31, 2018. All nominations are voluntary and geared towards blogs with 1000 readers or less.
Sweeter than Nothing’s 11 Questions:
I have answered Sweeter than Nothing’s questions rather than those from Tales from the Mind of Kristian simply because Sweeter than Nothing was the first to nominate me.
1. What mythological creature would you have as a pet? Why?
There’s no competition here really; who wouldn’t want a pet who could send secret messages for you, heal your injuries and fly you around the sky with very little effort? Oh, and it’s reborn from its ashes, too. I’m thinking, of course, of the infamous pheonix. This fire-bird has existed in mythology for a long time, but if I could have any specific pet, then I would choose Fawkes from the Harry Potter franchise.
2. What is the silliest thing you’ve ever done?
This is a hard question because I seem to have deleted most of my silly mistakes from my memory; clearly, they were too mortifying for me to want to remember them. I’d probably have to say that the silliest thing that I have ever done was getting stung by a jellyfish. I had seen children picking jellyfish from the beach all day, but I hadn’t really registered the fact that there would still be some in the water. I was only a child, but I certainly did feel silly on the way to A&E!
3. What is the strangest dream you’ve ever had?
Perhaps it’s something to do with my over-active imagination, but I only ever seem to have strange dreams. I rarely even feature as characters in them; it is as though I am watching a scene from a play. The most memorable time that this happened, there was an old woman ill in bed and a man was knocking at her front door. She yelled to a younger woman (I have no idea who she was) to let him in. She kept yelling, over and over again, but as she yelled, her voice grew strangely hoarse and rather terrifying.
The younger woman let the man inside and they both ran upstairs. There, instead of the old woman lying under her covers, was a skeleton, bright white and shining. From under her pillow, crawled a spider, and from somewhere within my dream-clogged mind, I named it the ‘old age bug’ as it had caused the woman to age so much that she had become a skeleton. Think what you will; my imagination can be a very strange place.
4. If you were queen of your own country, what would your first royal decree be?
I’d probably be quite radical; firstly, I’d make it a law that tuition fees could not exceed £3000 per year (£9250 is far too much to pay for a term and a half of university)! Then I’d probably put someone else in charge: someone who knows what they’re doing!
5. Given unlimited money, what would you spend your days doing?
Writing! If I had unlimited money, would be doing a whole lot of writing and not have to worry about anything else. I’d probably also be living in the country somewhere, cut off from the rest of the world, and would be able to visit all of those countries that I am yet to see (Italy is at the very top of my list).
6. What inanimate object do you think has the best life?
What a wonderful question! It seems as though we abuse most of our possessions, from books to smartphones. Perhaps it would be something quirky, such as a torch. It’s always there, right in the midst of the action, but is rarely used.
7. Where is your favourite place in the whole world?
I think I’m yet to find my favourite place. In terms of fictional favourite places, it’s got to be the library in Disney’s The Beauty and the Beast. I love the idea of rolling ladders leading to different layers of books, but whenever I have seen any places like this in the real world, they’re always full of people.
8. If you could only eat one ice cream flavour for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Controversial though this may seem, I have never tried any flavour of ice cream. I suffer from some serious circulation issues which means that, even when it is boiling hot outside, I can feel freezing. The thought of putting anything even colder into my body seems rather nonsensical, so I’d be happy with nothing.
9. What is your favourite dinosaur?
I mean… I’ve never actually met any…
Seriously, though, when I was a child, my favourite type of dinosaur always used to be the triceratops. It’s a classic, I know, but they’re just such wonderful creatures – powerful, but at the same time, strangely lovable.
10. If you could ask one question of anyone, living or dead, who and what would it be?
I would probably feel the need to talk to Shakespeare, although I’m not quite sure what I would ask him. Perhaps I would tell him that he is the most well-known writer of all time, even four hundred years after his death. Then, I would ask him how he feels.
11. Is it okay that I HAD to give 11 questions, even though it’s kinda long and I didn’t get 11 because the rules say to ask 11 and the obsessive/ compulsive traits I have are going crazy right now?
Yes. Yes, it is very much okay with me. Eleven is a massive number when you really think about it, especially when you are having to talk about yourself!
Questions for my Nominees:
- If could choose to live in any place (real or fictional), where would it be?
- If you could change lives with any person (real or fictional), who would it be?
- Do you have a favourite smell? What is it?
- Would you rather live in the country, or in the city?
- Are you more of a hot-weather person, or a cold-weather person?
- What was your greatest childhood fear?
- If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite book of all time?
- Do you have a favourite word? If so, what is it?
- What made you decide to start a blog?
- Do you have any advice for fellow bloggers?
- Fingers to Sky.
- The Ceaseless Reader Writes.
- Curious Hart.
- Diary of a Bookfiend.
- Madame Writer.
Thanks for reading!
To my nominees: as always, there is no obligation to take part in this challenge – if nothing else, just see it as an appreciation of your work!